If you’re are ready for a challenge and have strong business and customer service skills, the you’ll want to keep reading.
We are looking for a top notch Facilities Director who is experienced in a hospital or commercial environment. The right candidate is very good at building client relationships, has strong work ethics and is not afraid of responsibility. You’re a dynamic leader with a good track record of deliverables and accomplishments!
- Responsible for the day-to-day management of the project. Provide tactical and strategic leadership for subcontractors. Meet with subcontractors to identify requirements, assign priorities, coordinate task execution, and assess contract performance. Provide management oversight of the operations and maintenance subcontractors. Ensure compliance with all contractual obligations. Review and clarify statements of work, terms and conditions, and negotiate effective contracts with subcontractors. Conduct inspections of all operational areas of responsibility. Manage and account for Company’s and customer’s assets.
- Establish and maintain strategic relationships with the customers and provide “World Class” service. Interact with the staff and subcontractors to address and resolve issues and concerns. Be the customer’s subject matter expert by providing sound technical advice.
- Ensure a safe work environment. Actively support and adhere to the company safety policy.
- Implement and maintain a quality control program that is tailored to the contract and encompasses all facets of the operation to include QA/QC of subcontractors. Monitor performance against approved performance measurements-Quality Control.
- Track and provide reports on established performance measures. Oversee the preparation and timely submission of all internal and external reports.
- Manage records in compliance with Corporate Policies, building departments, local authorities & other regulatory agencies to include, but not limited to the NFPA, EPA, Department of Health, OSHA, and the Joint Commission standards.
- Review and approve invoices
- Identify and receive approval for unscheduled jobs as they pertain to the assigned contracts.
- Must be able to support and fill in at other facilities when short staffed due to vacations, sick leave or terminations
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution or equivalent of at least 10 years in a senior facilities maintenance role in a hospital environment or commercial facility
- Proficiency in Microsoft programs
- Experience in budgeting, project management, vendor management, operations and maintenance experience.
- Possess at least four (4) years of recent consecutive experience (within the past 7 years) directing personnel responsible for accomplishment of operations, construction, maintenance and repair work.
- Excellent problem solving, leadership, customer service, and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to respond to emergencies 24/7
- Must have strong analytical skills, exceptional organizational skills, superior oral and written communication skills, and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must have reliable transportation and a valid NY State driver’s license. This position is not accessible via mass transit.
- Must be able to get to site in case of emergency. Ideal candidate lives within 20 miles.